Students will be entered into a league and will play competitive matches with regional grass roots clubs and other sixth form teams.
Football coaching will be based at the new Nottinghamshire YMCA Sport and Community Village on Bowbridge Road, Newark. The brand-new facilities will boast two 3G pitches, a grass pitch and three 5-a-side pitches. Included will also be excellent changing facilities and full disabled access.
Ian McParland – Head Coach
Ian has the UEFA A, B and Pro coaching licenses, meaning he is qualified to coach football at the highest levels of the game.
- Director of the Nottingham Forest Elite Academy
- Coach to the Nottingham Forest 1st Team
- Nottingham Forest Caretaker Manager during which time he was named Manager of the month for being the only unbeaten team
- Manager of Notts County FC 1st Team
- Assistant Manager to Roy Keane for the Ipswich Town FC 1st team
- International Scout
Paul Hart – Consultant Coach
Paul also has the UEFA A, B and Pro coaching licenses.
- Playing career includes teams including Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, and Notts County
- Manager for teams including Nottingham Forest, Queens Park Rangers, Notts County and Swindon Town
- Manager of Leeds United Academy team winning the FA Youth Cup
- Manager of Nottingham Forest Academy during which time they own the under 19s title
Andy Reid – Coach
A talented midfielder, Andy began his career at the Nottingham Forest Academy before going on to play for Tottenham Hotspurs, Charlton Athletic, Sunderland and Blackpool. Andy returned to Forest in 2011.
- 451 professional appearances
- 60 goals
- 44 International caps for Ireland
- 2 times Nottingham Forest Player of the Year
Gary Charles – Coach
Gary’s playing career saw him playing at the highest level for Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, West Ham and England.
- UEFA A and B Coaching Licence
- Former England International
- Assistant Manager Lincoln City
- Nuneaton Town FC First Team Manager
- Director of Football at University of Nottingham
- Skilled right back who played alongside Roy Keane under Brian Clough